Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 6: Reversing Diabetes

So maybe there’s no cure for diabetes, but both my doctors have convinced me that we can reverse its effects. It helps, too, that I have a friend who was able to stop taking oral meds simplyherbal-remedies-usa_2025_25442062 by amping up her diet and exercise regime. I'm very much a believer.

The best book I’ve read so far on this aggressive approach to diabetes treatment is Dr. Julian Whitaker’s Reversing Diabetes. During the spring I followed this program and saw my blood glucose levels drop dramatically. (From late May until a few weeks ago I was on the road a lot promoting my latest book, and I let the program slide.)

I’m back on it now,* and I expect to see the results soon enough. The book contains lots of recipes, most of which I love. But then, I’m accustomed to using whole grains and other natural foods. If you’re not, some of the dishes will take some getting used to. But it’s worth it if you can get a handle on your blood glucose levels.

There’s a companion cookbook titled Reversing Diabetes Cookbook that I imagine is well worth buying.

Fasting glucose: 175 (Yikes! *Don’t blame Dr. Whitaker; I indulged in some late-night snacking.)

No comments: