Monday, November 10, 2008

Days 7 & 8: Discouragement

My enemy isn’t behaving as it should. I’ve given it a pummeling, but my glucose readings seem to indicate that I’ve lost a couple of skirmishes. I was so discouraged yesterday that I didn’t feel like going public, but I’m okay now.ad month

I realize that this is as much a balancing act as it is a war. I’m balancing a very challenging soy-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, corn-free eating regimen; a high-altitude walking plan; more meds, vitamins and minerals than I can easily digest; chronic sinus and bronchial problems; a 16/7 work life; and a lot more stuff than you need to know about.

Oh, and this is American Diabetes Month. My decision to wage war on the disease right now is entirely coincidental, but fitting.

Fasting glucose readings: 200 on Day 7; 217 on Day 8. Hence the discouragement.

No comments: